Tuesday, March 31, 2009

From the Vault

Here's another from the vault. An Elway 84 Topps rookie. I know, I know, there's probably a ton of these out there, but listen... When I got this card, I was still too young to know better about how to properly take care of cards, I mean I have dinged corners on so many cards from 1987 that it's just a given that if I have it, it's dinged. Thankfully they aren't worth anything anyway. And the card is even amazingly well centered. Is it just me, or does Topps/Bowman have a serious issue when it comes to centering their cards? Upper Deck rarely has this problem, and I think that speaks to the quality of the product more than anything. But I like this card because Elway was always a class act of a player, unlike the current QB in Denver. Cutler needs to grow up...




1 comment:

  1. Its an 84.

    Topps was terrible when it came to centering. I have so many 70/30 65/35 Topps cards from those years its awful. 83 BB, 84 FB, 85 BB and of course the 70's.

    ReplyDelete